Ah, Target. The store that dreams are made of. Whether you’re shopping for cute, trendy clothing, home decor, or macro-friendly foods, Target has you covered - so much so that we often leave with a whole lot more than we bargained for!
Target has been a favorite place to shop of mine for years. I just love how I can get everything I need in one place. And while it’s not the first place I think of when I need to load up on our weekly groceries, I do find that they have a great selection of macro-friendly foods, including snacks and specialty items that I can’t find anywhere else.
If you’re headed to Target soon and want to be prepared, this macro-friendly Target haul will definitely give you some inspiration as to what should be on your shopping list! We’ll run through all of my favorite healthy Target groceries, high protein snacks, and more so that you can be prepared to shop for the good stuff on your next Target run.
Snag a sample of our famous weekly macro meal plans!
Get a sneak peak of a members-only weekly macro meal plan!
How I Choose Healthy, High Protein Target Foods
The term “healthy” is quite subjective, so I want to first address how I chose the items in my “healthy” Target grocery haul. Keep in mind that what I consider to be healthy might not be the same definition that you have - and that’s OK!
From my perspective, all foods can be “healthy” when eaten in moderation. However, I am also someone who makes every attempt to shop for the items that I know will set me up for success with my nutrition plan.
Sure, I could buy the yummy holiday-inspired treats and goodies that are uber appealing in nearly every Target aisle, but I know that choosing healthier, higher-protein foods that are just as tasty will be even more satisfying..
I choose healthy foods at Target based on a number of things, including:
- Total Calories
- Protein content
- Sugar content
- Macronutrient balance
- Serving size
Why Shop At Target For Macro-Friendly Foods?
As I mentioned, Target isn’t the first place I think of when I need to stock up on family groceries for the week, however, there are plenty of reasons why I make my rounds there every few weeks when I'm done with my macro-friendly Costco foods, including;
- They have some unique items that you might not find anywhere else. Between their own brands like Market Pantry and Good and Gather, there’s a good chance that you’ll be able to snag a variety of foods that you might not find at your regular grocery store.
- The prices are fair. While cost seems to be up everywhere and on everything, I still find that Target’s grocery prices are reasonable.
- It’s a one-stop shop! This is a good and a bad thing if you know what I mean. There’s not much that you can’t find at Target, so if you have other items like household cleaners, toiletries, and self-care goodies on your list, you can get it all right there.
Healthy Target Grocery Haul
Below are my top choices for macro-friendly Target finds. Of course, there are more and this list will be ever-evolving, but this should give you a good place to start if you’re planning a Target trip. Many of my top picks are high-protein Target snacks as I tend to find a ton in this store!
Target Macro-Friendly Protein Sources
- Good & Gather boneless, skinless frozen chicken breast
- Applegate uncured turkey pepperoni
- Good & Gather Oven Roasted, thin-sliced deli turkey breast
- Laura’s lean ground beef
- Kevin’s Pulled chicken
- Good & Gather shredded rotisserie chicken
- Applegate turkey bacon
- Good & Gather cage-free liquid egg whites
- Good & Gather eggs
- Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard whey protein powder
- Premier Protein shakes
- Magic Spoon Cereal
- Banza pasta
- Black beans
- Good & Gather chunk light tuna packs
- Kodiak power waffles
- Dannon Light + Fit Greek yogurt
- Ratio Protein yogurt
- Chobani Complete greek yogurt drink
- Gilbert’s chicken sausage
- Go Macro bars
- Tillamook zero sugar beef jerky
Target Macro-Friendly Carb Sources
- Lesser Evil Popcorn mini bags
- BoBos Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Bites
- Simple Mills almond flour crackers
- Heavenly Hunks
- Lily’s Dark chocolate candy-coated pieces
- Skinny Pop Mini rice cakes
- Better Oats 100-calorie oatmeal packs
- Catalina Crunch cereal
- Good & Gather granola
- Rao’s Homemade sauce
- Goodles’s Mac & Cheese
- Primal Kitchen classic BBQ sauce
- Primal Kitchen Mayo
- Crofter’s seedless raspberry jam
- Dave’s Killer Bread Thin-sliced whole grain bread
- Favorite Day Bakery Italian Herb Flatbread
- Seeds of Change quinoa and brown rice
- TruFru chocolate-covered raspberries
- Green Giant Riced cauliflower
- Alexia sweet potato fries
- Good & Gather triple berry blend (frozen berries)
- Tattooed Chef Cauliflower bowl
- JELL-O sugar-free pudding snacks
- Kevin’s Cauil & Cheese
Target Macro-Friendly Fat Sources
- Good & Gather creamy almond butter
- The Laughing Cow spreadable cheese wedges
- Nosa cheesecake bites
- Chipotle Bitchin Sauce
- Bolthouse Farms Greek yogurt dressing
- Snack Size Perfect Bars
- Favorite Day single-serve trail mix packs
Final Thoughts on Macro-Friendly Target Finds
Target is a great spot to score some delicious, convenient, macro-friendly foods. As if you needed one more reason to love Target…
I think we can all agree that Target is a top spot for everything from cute, trendy, and affordable clothing to snacks, makeup, toiletries, and everything in between. Ever since I learned how to identify macro-friendly foods a few years back, I’m always on the lookout for the best finds that give me a ton of bang for my macro buck. Thankfully, Target has no shortage of them!
If you want to see how my team uses these Target macro-friendly staples to put together easy, healthy, macro-friendly family meals, make sure you snag a free sample of our members-only weekly meal plans! And don’t forget to join us on social! Follow us on Instagram, Facebook, and TikTok!