Brownies are a classic indulgent treat, but they’re not usually a food that we consume regularly due to their high-calorie content and low nutritional value. But our High Protein Double Chocolate Brownies are changing that! These easy-to-make brownies are packed with protein and healthy carbs and offer just enough of that fudgey brownie taste that we crave. So pull on your apron, grab your ingredients, and lets make some healthier brownies that we can feel good about eating anytime!
Snag a sample of our famous weekly macro meal plans!
Get a sneak peak of a members-only weekly macro meal plan!
3 Reasons Why You’ll Love Our Macro-Friendly Double Chocolate Brownies Recipe
- It’s a healthier, lower-calorie brownie option. These high-protein brownies contain about 177 calories and 9g of protein per brownie, making them a low-calorie, macro-friendly treat to be enjoyed anytime.
- They’re easy to make. If you’re a fan of the simplicity of a boxed brownie mix, you’re going to enjoy how easy this homemade brownie is to make. With just a few more ingredients and the same basic steps, you can have a more nutritious brownie in nearly the same amount of time.
- It’s a great meal prep treat option. Instead of making a pan of brownies and leaving them on the counter to be grazed on all week, I recommend slicing these up, portioning your brownies into individual ziplock bags, storing them in the fridge, and enjoying them all week long for a sweet treat.
You may also love our high protein edible brownie batter recipe!
“FHM Protein Brownies”
Macro Friendly Double Chocolate Brownies (High Protein)
- Mixing bowls
- Mixing spoons
- Measuring cups and spoons
- 1 8×8 pan
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2 large eggs
- ⅓ cup chocolate protein powder
- 2 tbsp Cocoa powder
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ⅔ cup zero calorie sweetener (granulated sugar substitute)
- ⅓ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat the Oven: Preheat your oven to 350°F. Grease or line an 8×8-inch baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the almond flour, chocolate protein powder, zero-calorie sweetener, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt. Stir them together until well combined.
- In another bowl, mix the plain Greek yogurt, eggs, and vanilla extract. Make sure the mixture is smooth and well combined.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the bowl with the dry ingredients. Stir them together until you have a thick, uniform brownie batter. Make sure there are no lumps.
- Gently fold the mini chocolate chips into the brownie batter. Reserve a few chips for topping if desired.
- Pour the brownie batter into the prepared baking pan. Use a spatula to spread it evenly.
- Place the baking pan in the preheated oven and bake for about 20-25 minutes or until the brownies are set and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out with a few moist crumbs (not wet batter). Baking times may vary, so keep an eye on them.
- Remove the brownies from the oven and let them cool in the pan for about 10-15 minutes. Then, use the parchment paper to lift them out of the pan and place them on a wire rack to cool completely. Slice into 9 even pieces and enjoy!