If you’re around for a while, then you know that we love a good smoothie around here. Most of the smoothies we make include protein powder as the main ingredient. But what about collagen powder? Does that go well in smoothies?
Heck, yes, it does! In fact, you could easily substitute collagen powder for protein powder in almost any smoothie recipe. OR, you can add both collagen and protein to your smoothie for a double dose of health, collagen-rich benefits and protein-rich benefits.
Recently, someone inside our Facebook community recently asked us to share a collagen smoothie recipe, so here it is!
We combined the subtle sweetness of vanilla with the vibrant flavors of fresh berries to deliver a Vanilla Berry Collagen Smoothie that’s as delicious as it is nutrient dense. If you’re looking for a powerful punch of health and wellness to start your day or to get you through your afternoon slump naturally, this collagen-based smoothie will be a favorite.
You can use any collagen of your choice, however, I highly recommend using 1st Phorm's Collagen with Dermaval because it tastes the best.
@fithealthymacros Vanilla Berry Collagen Smoothie Recipe 🍓🫐 High in protein & fiber, this recipe will fill you up and brighten your day ☀️ full recipe is linked in bio! #collagensmoothie #collagenshake #healthysmoothie #smoothierecipe #healthyrecipes #macrofriendly #healthybreakfast #healthysnack ♬ Healthy Alliance – DJ BAI
Snag a sample of our famous weekly macro meal plans!
Get a sneak peak of a members-only weekly macro meal plan!
3 Reasons Why You Will Love This Macro-Friendly Vanilla Berry Collagen Smoothie Recipe
- This smoothie is collagen-based which means you’ll be getting all of the nutrients and benefits of collagen delivered to you in a delicious, satisfying way. Collagen helps to keep our hair, skin, nails, joints, and ligaments strong, healthy, and well-able.
- The flavor combination of vanilla and berry is explosively fresh. No matter when or where you’re drinking this collagen smoothie, it will 100% brighten your day and satisfy any sweet cravings.
- We use minimal ingredients to make this smoothie, and you can even meal prep these smoothies ahead of time to make blending them up an absolute breeze. Plus, this smoothie incorporates all three macronutrients plus a hefty dose of fiber to keep you feeling full and well!
- Collagen powder – I used 1st Phorm’s Vanilla Collagen with Dermaval (shop here for that) but plain collagen will do
- Unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- Xanthan gum – this is a thickening agent to ensure your smoothie is thick and creamy
- Frozen banana – again, this helps to thicken things up while adding more nutritional value
- Frozen berries – I prefer a triple berry medley (raspberries, blueberries, and blackberries) but any berries will do
- Chia seeds
- Vanilla extract
Kitchen Tools Required
- Blender – I love my Ninja
- Measuring cups & spoons
How to Make Vanilla Berry Collagen Smoothie
This Vanilla Berry Collagen Smoothie comes together quickly! Here’s how:
1. Starting with your empty blender cup, add your unsweetened almond milk, vanilla extract, xanthan gum, collagen powder, frozen banana, frozen berries, and chia seeds to the cup.
2. Place the lid on your blender cup and blend for about 30 seconds, or until all of the ingredients are well combined (make sure the frozen ingredients are fully blended)
3. Remove the lid and pour your smoothie into a separate cup or bowl and eat right away for the best texture – feel free to use a spoon, straw, or both!
Swaps or Alternatives
If you don’t have a vanilla-flavored collagen powder, you can use an unflavored collagen peptides powder in its place. Your smoothie will still get the vanilla flavor from the vanilla extract.
If you don’t like bananas or don’t have any on hand, you can use a few pieces of ice in their place.
A mixture of raspberries, blueberries, and blackberries tends to give the most flavorful berry essence, however, you can use any frozen fruit you wish, including strawberries, cherries, or mangos!
If you like your smoothies to be drinkable, add a touch more almond milk to thin it out. If you’d prefer to eat your smoothie in a bowl with a spoon, add more bananas or berries to your recipe to bulk it up a bit more.
Macros & Nutrition Information
Vanilla Berry Collagen Smoothie Recipe
- Blender (I love my Ninja)
- Measuring Cups & Spoons
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 scoop collagen powder (I prefer 1st Phorm)
- ¾ cup frozen berries
- ½ frozen banana
- ¼ tsp Xanthan gum
- 1 tbsp Chia seeds
- Splash of vanilla extract
- Place all ingredients into a blender.
- Blend on high for around 30 seconds, or until well combined (and all frozen chunks are dissolved)
- Pour the smoothie into a cup or bowl and enjoy!