Peanut butter is a guilty pleasure of mine and something I could eat by the spoonful. This peanut butter spicy noodles recipe incorporates just enough peanut butter to satisfy my craving as well as packs a little bit of heat! These spicy peanut noodles are a healthier alternative than ordering takeout- and just as tasty.
Snag a sample of our famous weekly macro meal plans!
Get a sneak peak of a members-only weekly macro meal plan!
3 Reasons Why You Will Love This Recipe
This is a must for anyone who loves peanut butter. It is the perfect balance of sweet and spicy and will make you feel like you are overindulging – when you really aren’t! This makes enough for 5 people, or to use for meal prepping throughout the week. There is plenty of protein incorporated for you to feel full and nourished and to hit those macronutrients.
- Chicken breast
- Peanut butter
- Minced garlic
- Lime juice
- Soy sauce
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Crushed red pepper
- Green onions (optional)
Kitchen Tools Required
You will need a large pot, stovetop pan, mixing bowls, and a cutting board.
How to Make Peanut Butter Spicy Noodles
- Boil a pot of water on the stove for noodles. Dice the chicken and place in a mixing bowl. Season chicken with onion powder, garlic powder, 4 tbsp of soy, 2 tbsp sriracha, 1 tbsp of minced garlic, and 1 tbsp of lime juice.
- Cook chicken in a stovetop pan until thoroughly cooked on medium heat.
- In another bowl, mix ½ cup of peanut butter, 1 tbsp sriracha, 1 tbsp soy sauce, 2 tbsp lime juice, and 3 tbsp of honey for your sauce. Once mixed, this should resemble a paste. Once your pasta is completely cooked, save ⅓ cup of the hot water.
- When the chicken is done, add your mixture and ⅓ cup of hot water. Mix until it has thinned out. Add cooked linguine and stir together.
- Plate meal. If you have green onions on hand, you can cut them and sprinkle them on top for garnish.
Swaps or Alternatives
You can swap the chicken breast for chicken thighs for a more juicy protein. You can also swap the minced garlic with fresh garlic.
If you have busy weeknights like I do, you’ll want to get this recipe cooking ASAP. Start boiling your water for the pasta before you begin cutting up your chicken. By the time the water boils, your chicken should be cut up, seasoned, and in the pan. To save even more time, create your peanut butter mixture while the chicken and pasta are cooking.
Macros and Nutrient Information
Peanut Butter Spicy Noodles Recipe
- 1 Stovetop pan
- 1 Pot
- 1 Mixing bowls
- 1 Cutting Board
- 300 g Linguine
- 1 lb Chicken
- 4 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 2 tbsp Sriracha
- 1 tbsp Lime Juice
- 1 tbsp Minced Garlic
- Garlic Powder
- Onion Powder
- Crushed Red Pepper
- ½ cup Peanut Butter
- 1 tbsp Sriracha
- 1 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 2 rbsp Lime
- 3 tbsp Honey
- Begin boiling water on the stove.
- Cut up chicken and marinate in soy sauce, sriracha, lime juice, minced garlic, garlic powder, onion powder, and crushed red pepper.
- While chicken is cooking, begin combining ingredients for sauce mixture. Save ⅓ cup of your pasta water.
- After the chicken is completed, add the sauce mixture and the ⅓ cup of water. Add cooked pasta and combine.
- If you have green onions, add on top forgarnish.