Cinnamon Rolls: Pillowy spirals of buttery dough drizzled with warm sugar and cinnamon. Heaven in a sweet, gooey bun form.
If you like cinnamon rolls as much as I do, then you’re going to love what we came up with; a Cinnamon Roll Protein Shake! This protein-packed shake is full of your favorite Cinnabon flavors, but it’s actually healthy for you!
Of course, there’s nothing wrong with enjoying a cinnamon bun every once in a while. In fact, we have an incredible protein-packed cinnamon roll recipe that you can make from home that will knock your socks off. But sometimes, we just want to enjoy a cinnamon roll's sweet, satisfying flavors without all the extra empty calories and sugar.
That’s where this cinnamon roll shake will come in!
Snag a sample of our famous weekly macro meal plans!
Get a sneak peak of a members-only weekly macro meal plan!
3 Reasons Why You’ll Love Our Macro Friendly Cinnamon Roll Protein Shake Recipe
- It’s a cinnamon roll in a glass. Think about taking your favorite Cinnabon but in a cool, creamy shake that’s as full of flavor as it is nutrients.
- There’s 27g of protein! So many of us aren’t hitting our daily protein goals, and therefore not seeing the results we’re looking for in our physique goals. This delicious shake packs in 27g of premium protein – no excuses!
- It’s perfect for a snack, meal, or dessert. This cinnamon roll protein shake is so versatile and the recipe can be augmented to fit your specific needs. Want to make it a meal? Add some more toppings. Want to enjoy it as a midday snack? Keep it simple!
- Unsweetened almond milk (or milk of choice)
- Xantham gum – thickening agent, I get mine off Amazon
- Protein powder – I used Cinnamon Cookie Batter Level-1 from 1st Phorm, but also recommend Cinnamon Roll from Clean Simple Eats (code TAMI)
- Cinnamon Roll Almond Butter – Again, both 1st Phorm and Clean Simple Eats have amazing options
- Granola (optional) – I used Purely Elizabeth (Code TAMI10)
- Lite Cool Whip (optional)
Kitchen Tools Required
Blender – This is the one I use
How to Make
Step 1: Add unsweetened almond milk, protein powder, xanthan gum, cinnamon, and almond butter to your blender cup.
Step 2: Blend until smooth (about 20-30 seconds, depending on your blender)
Step 3: Scrape your smoothie (it should be thick & creamy!) into a cup or bowl.
Step 4: Top with granola, cinnamon, and lite Cool Whip
Step 5: Enjoy!
Swaps or Alternatives
Protein powder – If you don’t have a cinnamon roll protein powder on hand, you can easily swap it out for a vanilla protein powder. If you want it to be cinnamon-y, you can add a dash more cinnamon (spice). Also, I used a whey protein powder, but a vegan protein powder will work just fine as well.
Unsweetened almond milk – you can use whatever your favorite milk is in this recipe, just be mindful of the impact your selection will make on your overall calories and macros.
Almond butter – I used cinnamon almond butter, but if you don’t have a cinnamon option, you can use plain almond butter or even cashew butter. This is part of what makes the shake so creamy!
Granola – I love topping my shakes with granola, and this cinnamon roll protein shake sets the perfect stage for crunchy, sweet, salty granola. Purely Elizabeth granola is my go-to, however, use whatever granola you like best! Bonus points if you find one with a cinnamon flavor.
Xanthan gum is amazing for creating the thick, creamy shakes that we all love, but don’t go overboard on the serving. A little goes a long way here and too much will make the consistency a little tacky.
Omit the granola and cool whip if you want to keep the calories/macros on the more moderate end. If you’re looking to make this a meal, the granola will provide a nice amount of healthy carbs.
Macros and Nutritional Information
Shake without toppings:
Shake with toppings:
Cinnamon Roll Protein Shake (Cinnabon Shake)
- 1 Blender
- Measuring cups
- measuring spoons
- 12 ice cubes
- ¾ cup unsweetened almond milk (or milk of choice)
- ¼ tsp xanthan gum thickening agent, I get mine off Amazon
- 1 scoop protein powder (Cinnamon Cookie Batter Level-1) I used Cinnamon Cookie Batter Level-1 from 1st Phorm, but also recommend Cinnamon Roll from Clean Simple Eats (code TAMI)
- 1 tbsp cinnamon Roll Almond Butter Again, both 1st Phorm and Clean Simple Eats have amazing options
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ cup granola (optional) I used Purely Elizabeth (Code TAMI10)
- 2 tbsp lite Cool Whip (optional)
- Add unsweetened almond milk, protein powder, xanthan gum, cinnamon, and almond butter to your blender cup.
- Blend until smooth (about 20-30 seconds, depending on your blender)
- Scrape your smoothie (it should be thick & creamy!) into a cup or bowl.
- Top with granola, cinnamon, and lite Cool Whip