Chubby Hubby is a classic Ben & Jerry’s flavor that’s packed with some of my favorite flavor combinations – peanut butter, chocolate, and pretzels! But a pint of the real stuff comes in at a whopping 1380 calories per container and just 10g of protein. And while I am all about enjoying all foods that we love in moderation, sometimes we just want a better option so we can enjoy them more often!
Enter my Chubby Hubby Ninja Creami Protein Ice Cream! With 31g of protein and only 394 calories for the entire pint, this protein-packed version allows us to enjoy the best of both worlds.
Chubby Hubby Ninja Creami Protein Ice Cream
- 1 Ninja Creami Ice Cream Machine
- 1 Shaker bottle or handheld frother
- 1 Ninja Creami Pint
- 1 Small Mixing Bowl
- 1 Mixing spoon
- Blend together unsweetened almond milk, protein powder, and malted milk powder using a shaker cup or a milk frother. Pour into Ninja Creami Pint container and secure the lid.
- Freeze Creami pint for 24 hours.
- Remove from freezer and place on the Ninja Creami Ice Cream Machine and spin on the “lite ice cream” cycle.
- While machine is spinning, follow the instructions on your powdered peanut butter package to create a creamy peanut butter.
- Remove from machine, and add 1-2 tbsp. Almond milk(optional), and “re-spin”
- Remove from machine and ad ½ of your peanut butter mixture, and ½ crushed chocolate PB pretzels. Place back on the machine and spin on the “mix-in” cycle.
- Remove pint from machine, drizzle with remaining peanut butter and chocolate syrup, top with remaining crushed chocolate PB pretzels, and enjoy!