Have you been craving a Mexican tortilla pizza that's macro-friendly with high protein, but aren't sure how to make it?
No problem! You won't have to sacrifice time, or even trial and error because we have the perfect Mexican tortilla recipe that can help you reach your protein goals, satisfy your cravings and add it to your staple of lunch and dinner recipes for the family!
Snag a sample of our famous weekly macro meal plans!
Get a sneak peak of a members-only weekly macro meal plan!
3 Reasons Why You'll Love This Recipe
It's Macro Friendly
For starters, this Mexican tortilla pizza is packed with 31g of protein per serving thanks to the lean ground beef (I used 96%). This means that it will support muscle growth and recovery, plus keep you and your family full and feeling healthy throughout the rest of your day, especially if you have it for lunch!
It Only Takes 15 Minutes!
This recipe took me 5 minutes to prepare and only 10 minutes to cook, making it very convenient with minimal stress in the kitchen! All you need is a large skillet, cutting board, a knife and measuring spoons/cups. It also only has 7 ingredients!
It Will Satisfy Your Mexican Food Cravings, But Much Healthier!
Sometimes, we just crave Mexican food! This recipe uses a classic taco seasoning with whole wheat tortillas, salsa, shredded lettuce, reduced-fat mozzarella cheese and Bolthouse Farms Cilantro ranch dressing, making it wildly healthy choice for lunch or dinner for you and your family!
If you like this recipe, you'll also love our high-protein veggie taco skillet recipe! And to keep everything macro-friendly, here's our top-rated macro-friendly recipes, which are very popular amongst our members.
And, if you're craving more pizza recipes, check out these:
- DIY Pizza Lunchable
- Pizza Sliders
- Personal BBQ Chicken Pizza
- Pizza Pasta Skillet
- Buffalo Chicken Pizza
- Chicken Bacon Ranch English Muffin Pizza
Mexican Tortilla Pizza
- Cutting Board
- Measuring spoons/cups
- 10 oz. lean ground beef (I used 96%)
- 3 tbsp Taco seasoning
- 4 reg whole wheat tortillas (I used Mission Carb Balance)
- 8 tbsp Salsa
- 12 tbsp Reduced-fat shredded mozzarella cheese
- 4 cups shredded lettuce
- 4 tbsp Bolthouse Farms Cilantro Ranch dressing
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Add ground beef to a pan over medium heat and cook until browned. Once cooked through, add the taco seasoning, mixing until well combined. Remove from heat.
- Place tortillas on a baking sheet and spread two tbs. of salsa over each tortilla followed by three tbs. of cheese and ¼ of the cooked ground beef mixture.
- Place the baking sheet in the preheated oven and bake for about 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted. Top each tortilla with one cup shredded lettuce and 1 tbs. Greek yogurt dressing, and enjoy!
- Feel free to customize your pizza any way you wish! You can easily swap out the ground beef for ground turkey or chicken. Add your favorite toppings and veggies, and make this one your own.
- If you’re going to meal prep your Mexican Tortilla Pizzas, we recommend re-heating your tortilla and then adding your fresh veggie toppings just before you eat!