Our High-Protein, Low-Carb Veggie Taco Skillet is the perfect weeknight meal or weekday meal-prepped lunch for those who want a highly satisfying dish that's low in calories. Filled with veggies and nutrients, this recipe is as nourishing for your body as it is filling.
I don't follow a low-carb or keto diet, however, I sometimes enjoy meals that are lower in carbs to save space for a higher-carb meal or special dessert. Plus, I'm a sucker for a good skillet meal, and this one couldn't be any easier to throw together!
3 Reasons Why You'll Love This Recipe
- High Protein Content. With 33g of protein from juicy ground turkey per serving, this is the kind of meal that makes hitting your macros a total breeze.
- Low Carb. Whether you're following a low-carb diet or not, there are times that call for lower-carb meals, and that doesn't mean that you need to eat dry, boring foods! The next time you're seeking a low-carb meal, give this flavorful Veggie Taco Skillet a spin.
- Perfect for Meal Prep. If you want to get ahead for the week, preparing a batch of this recipe and pre-portioning it into meal prep containers will save you so much time during the week. As a bonus, this recipe tastes fantastic leftover!
“FHM Veggie Taco Skillet”
Veggie Taco Skillet
- 16 oz. lean ground turkey breast
- 1 packet low-sodium taco seasoning
- 2 bell peppers, chopped (any colors)
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 12 oz. bag bag frozen riced cauliflower
- 2 cups salsa
- 1 cup reduced fat Mexican cheese, shredded
- Spray a large skillet with cooking spray, add diced onions and peppers, cook over medium heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Add ground turkey and taco seasoning packet to skillet. Break up turkey and allow to cook until no longer pink (about 8 minutes).
- Once turkey is cooked, add bag of frozen riced cauliflower to skillet, allowing to cook over medium/low heat until softened.
- Once rice is softened, add salsa to skillet. Mix all ingredients until well combined.
- Turn heat to low and allow to simmer for 3-5 minutes, or until hot. Top with cheese, serve, and enjoy!