Our Macro-Friendly Classic Tuna Salad recipe is the perfect lunch solution for busy weeks. Whip up a batch of this flavorful, high-protein tuna salad and enjoy it for days. With creamy tuna, crunchy celery, and a dill pickle kick, this flavor combination will be a bright spot in your day.
A classic tuna salad sandwich is a lunchtime staple. We took this fan favorite and lightened it up by making a couple of macro-friendly swaps. We use light tuna and light mayo to keep the calories low, the protein high, and the taste exactly what you'd expect from a tuna salad recipe. So grab these ingredients, make a sandwich, find some crackers for dipping, or simply enjoy with a fork, we can't wait to hear how this recipe is making your lunchtime easier and yummier!
If you're looking for other hearty sandwich options, check out our High-Protein Ham and Cheese Club.
3 Reasons Why You'll Love This Recipe
- 20g of protein per serving. With 20g of protein per serving, your meal will not only be satisfying, but it'll also help you hit your daily protein goal. Tuna is an inexpensive and underrating protein source that will make hitting your protein target a breeze!
- Perfect for meal prepping. So many of us each lunch on the go every day that having a handful of go-to meal prep lunch recipes handy can really make eating a healthy, balanced diet exponentially easier. This Classic Tuna Salad recipe is perfect for meal prepping for the week so you can avoid hitting up the drive-thru.
- Versatility. Tuna Salad is a recipe that can made into whatever you're craving that day. You can add it to bread to make a sandwich, serve it with some crackers, or lay it atop a bed of greens. The options are endless!
MyFitness Pal Pre-Log
“FHM Classic Tuna Salad”
Macro Friendly Classic Tuna Salad
- 1 Cutting Board
- 1 Knife
- 1 Can opener (if needed)
- 1 Spoon
- 1 Mixing bowl
- 5 oz. canned light tuna, drained
- 1 tbsp celery, finely diced
- 2 tbsp light mayonnaise
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp pickle relish
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a mixing bowl, flake the drained canned tuna using a fork.
- Add all remaining ingredients into a bowl and combine until well incorporated.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning, if necessary, by adding more salt or pepper.
- Serve the classic tuna salad on its own, in sandwiches, wraps, or over a bed of fresh greens. Enjoy!