When you need to get your veggies in but you also want to enjoy a sweet, decadent treat. Our Healthy Chocolate Zucchini Bread is going to hit the spot! The rich blend of cocoa mixes with the wholesome goodness of fresh zucchini and whole grains to offer the ultimate guilt-free indulgence. This moist, tender, dense loaf is perfect for breakfast, a snack, or even a nightcap!
We used several swaps in this recipe to make it a lighter, healthier version of the classic!
Snag a sample of our famous weekly macro meal plans!
Get a sneak peak of a members-only weekly macro meal plan!
3 Reasons Why You’ll Love Our Macro-Friendly Chocolate Zucchini Bread Recipe
- It’s a Guilt-Free Indulgence: Indulging in a sweet treat doesn't have to be accompanied by guilt. Our Healthy Chocolate Zucchini Bread offers a guilt-free indulgence that's perfect for any health-conscious individual. We've carefully crafted this recipe to include wholesome ingredients, such as zucchini, whole wheat flour, and natural sweeteners, ensuring you can satisfy your cravings without compromising your commitment to a healthy lifestyle.
- Sneaky Veggie Goodness: We've infused our delicious chocolate bread with a generous serving of zucchini, adding a nutritious twist to the traditional recipe. Zucchini is an excellent source of vitamins, minerals, and dietary fiber, contributing to improved digestion and overall well-being. Even the pickiest eaters won't be able to detect the hidden veggies, making it an ideal way to incorporate more nutrients into your family's diet.
- Irresistible Chocolate Flavor: Who doesn't love the indulgence of rich, chocolatey goodness? Our Healthy Chocolate Zucchini Bread recipe doesn't compromise on taste – it delivers an irresistible blend of cocoa goodness with a hint of sweetness.t. The moist and tender texture of this bread, combined with the deep chocolate flavor, makes it the perfect treat for any occasion.
You may also love our macro friendly white chocolate chip banana bread recipe!
Macro Friendly Chocolate Zucchini Bread
- 2 Mixing bowls
- 1 Spoon or spatula for mixing
- Measuring Cups & Spoons
- 1 Electric mixer
- 1 Vegetable or cheese grater
- 2 Standard loaf pans (8-1/2 x 4-1/2 x 2-1/2 inches)
- 2 cups fresh zucchini, shredded (about 2 large zucchini)
- 3 large eggs
- 1½ cups unsweetened applesauce
- 3 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar substitute (I used Swerve)
- 1½ cups white flour
- 1½ cups whole wheat flour
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray two loaf pans generously with nonstick cooking spray.
- Using a vegetable grater, shred your zucchini in a large bowl.
- In another bowl, mix together sugar, sugar substitute, white flour, wheat flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon until well combined.
- Add in eggs, vanilla, unsweetened applesauce, and vanilla extract. Blend using a blender until well combined, careful not to overmix. Fold in the zucchini and chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into prepared loaf pans, splitting evenly between the two pans. Bake for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean and the tops are springy. Remove loaf pans from oven, carefully dump bread out and onto a cooling rack and cool completely before slicing.