Get ready for an explosion of flavor and Tex-Mex delight with our simple-to-make Restaurant-Style Taco Salads! With 35g of protein and a powerful punch of flavor, this recipe is going to take your family taco night to a whole new level!
The only thing better than a taco is a taco salad. Especially, when it mirrors those you get in an authentic Mexican restaurant. And wait until you get the chance to experience the cool “hack” we used to make the salad shells!
3 Reasons Why You'll Love Our Restaurant-Style Taco Salad Bowls
- It's got 35g of protein per serving. In case you're new around here, we love eating delicious foods that also help us hit our protein goal & this Restuarant-Style Taco Salad does just that.
- The whole family will enjoy it. We also love recipes that allow us to feed everyone. Our taco salad is fully customizable to suit the needs and preferences of everyone around the dinner table.
- Ready in 30 mins or less. Around my house, we need dinners that can be on the table quickly and efficiently to move on to the next task (which is usually a sports practice of some kind). You can have these delicious tacos on your table and ready to be devoted in 30 minutes or less. Oh, and the cleanup is a breeze!
MyFitnessPal & MacrosFirst Pre-Log
“FHM Restaurant-Style Taco Salad”
Restaurant Style Taco Salad
- 1 Muffin tin
- 1 Skillet
- 1 Spoon or spatula
- 1 Oven
- 1 Knife for dicing
- 1 Cutting Board
- 4 Mission Carb Balance tortillas
- Cooking spray
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 1 packet low sodium taco seasoning
- 2 cups Shredded lettuce
- 1 cup reduced fat Mexican shredded cheese
- 1 Roma tomato, diced
- Optional toppings: avocado, sour cream, salsa
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Lightly coat both sides of each tortilla with cooking spray.
- Turn a muffin tin upside down and place each tortilla in between the muffin tin cups, carefully shaping them to create a bowl-like form.
- Place the muffin tin on the oven rack and bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the tortillas are golden brown and crisp. Once done, carefully remove the tortilla shells from the muffin tin and allow them to cool.
- In a skillet over medium heat, cook the ground turkey until it's no longer pink, breaking it apart with a spoon as it cooks. Drain any excess fat.
- Sprinkle the taco seasoning over the cooked turkey and add water as per the packet instructions. Allow the mixture to simmer until the flavors are well combined and the liquid has reduced.
- To assemble the taco salad, start by placing a handful of shredded lettuce at the bottom of each taco shell bowl.
- Spoon the seasoned ground turkey into the bowls on top of the lettuce.
- Sprinkle the Mexican shredded cheese over the turkey.
- Add diced Roma tomatoes to each bowl.
- For an extra burst of flavor, feel free to customize your taco salad with optional toppings like sliced avocado, a dollop of sour cream, and a spoonful of salsa.
- Serve the taco salad immediately and enjoy!