Our Red Velvet Protein Cupcakes are a delicious, indulgent treat that won’t kill your nutrition plans. Moist, flavorful cupcakes with a deep red velvet flavor combine with the creamy, rich taste of a traditional cream cheese frosting to deliver an epic flavor experience. Whether you’re preparing cupcakes for a party or event or you want to have a sweet, yet protein-infused treat at home to enjoy, these Red Velvet Protein Cupcakes will be your new favorite indulgence.
Snag a sample of our famous weekly macro meal plans!
Get a sneak peak of a members-only weekly macro meal plan!
3 Reasons Why You’ll Love This Red Velvet Protein Cupcakes Recipe
- It’s a high-protein, low-calorie cupcake option. Cupcakes aren’t known to be the most macro-friendly treat given that they typically contain little to no protein and are high in calories. However, our Red Velvet Protein Cupcakes contain 6g of protein each and contain only 145 calories, making it a great bang for your buck!
- The recipe only makes 6 cupcakes. Most cupcake recipes call for enough ingredients to make 2 dozen cupcakes, which is great for parties and events, but not a great option for those who want to enjoy a cupcake on occasion while practicing moderation. Our 6-cupcake serving is just right.
- They’re moist and flavorful. Sometimes protein treats and sweets can be a little dry and lackluster, however, our Red Velvet Protein Cupcakes are made with a high-quality protein powder that’s low-temperature baked which means it produces a delicious, moist cupcake that doesn’t taste like dry, chalky protein powder.
“FHM Red Velvet Protein Cupcakes”
Red Velvet Protein Cupcakes
- 1 Large mixing bowl
- 1 Mixing spoon or whisk
- 1 Measuring Cups & Spoons
- 1 Cupcake liners
- 1 scoop 1st Phorm Level-1 Red Velvet Cake protein powder (if you don’t have red velvet protein powder, you can sub in vanilla)
- 4 large egg whites
- 2 tsp coconut oil, melted
- ¼ cup non-fat unflavored greek yogurt (vanilla works great, too)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup sugar alternative (I used a zero-calorie sweetener)
- 2 tbsp almond flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 6 tbsp Cream cheese frosting (I used canned frosting)
- Begin by preheating your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line muffin tin with muffin liners and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together protein powder, melted coconut oil, Greek yogurt, vanilla, sugar alternative, almond flour, and baking powder. Whisk together until all ingredients are well combined.
- Carefully pour cupcake batter into a lined muffin tin, splitting evenly across 6 liners. Be careful not to overfill the liners, keep them around ¾ full.
- Place muffin tin in the oven and bake for 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool fully before frosting.
- Frost the cupcakes, spreading 1tbsp. Of frosting onto each cupcake.
- Optional, add sprinkles and enjoy!