If you're into cheesecake, then you'll most likely love these macro-friendly Key Lime Cheesecake protein bars as a snack or a dessert!
I'm always trying to find ways to hit my protein goals, but I'm looking for the combination of tasty and healthy – this recipe fits the bill.
And, instead of grabbing a macro friendly protein bar, which I do A LOT, sometimes you just need to mix things up without spending too much time or using too many ingredients. That's what I love about this recipe.
3 Reasons Why You Will Love This Key Lime Cheesecake Protein Bars Recipe
Here are three reasons why you'll love this recipe:
It's a protein cheesecake!
With 9g of protein per serving, you can enjoy the satisfying taste of cheesecake while also filling your protein gaps, leaving you feeling full for the rest of the night. The protein sources come from egg whites, fat-free cream cheese and level-1 vanilla protein powder!
It's relatively quick and super simple
This recipe is perfect for those looking to switch up their snack or dessert routine. You can also make it on holidays or special occasions for friends and family to enjoy – and in only 45 minutes, which is much faster than making a traditional cheesecake. On top of that, there are only 7 ingredients, making your grocery trip a breeze.
Eat Them For The Week!
This recipe makes 12 servings, which means you can make them on a Sunday and chill them in the refrigerator to eat them as your protein snack or dessert throughout the week! That's 45 minutes to make them, but a whole week to enjoy them!
More protein cheesecake recipes:
- Strawberry cheesecake bowl
- Strawberry cheesecake pies
- Protein cheesecake dip
- Pumpkin cheesecake protein dip
- Cheesecake bites
- No-bake berry cheesecake
Key Lime Cheesecake Protein Bars
- Small Mixing Bowl
- Medium mixing bowl
- Mixing spoons
- Hand or stand mixer
- 8×8 baking dish
- 1½ cups graham cracker crumbs
- 7 tbsp butter, melted
- 4 oz. fat-free cream cheese
- 1 14 oz. sweetened condensed milk
- 3 large egg whites
- ½ cup lime juice
- 1 scoop (about 33g) vanilla protein powder – We recommend 1st Phorm Level-1
- Additional graham cracker crumbs for topping
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly coat an 8×8 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Mix together graham cracker crumbs and butter until crumbs are evenly covered with butter.
- Add the graham cracker crumb mixture to the button of baking dish, pressing evenly across the bottom. Bake for 8 minutes, then remove from the over and set aside.
- Using a hand mixer or stand mixer, beat the cream cheese until smooth and creamy. Pour in the sweetened condensed milk and blend until smooth.
- Slowly mix in the egg whites, then the protein powder and lime juice.
- Spread the cheesecake filling onto the graham cracker crust. Bake for 30-35 minutes, until the edges are pulling away from the dish and the center of the cheesecake is firm.
- Let cool to room temp before transferring to the fridge to chill. Top with additional graham cracker crumbs and enjoy!