We’ve all heard the saying that breakfast is the most important meal of the day, right? Well, if you have a weight loss goal, it might be true! Eating a protein-rich breakfast can help you reduce snacking and hunger, feel fuller for longer, and build and maintain calorie-torching muscle.
In this article, I’m sharing 10 High Protein Breakfasts for weight loss, but before I do, I will briefly explain how eating a high-protein breakfast can help with your weight loss goals.
3 Reasons Why You Should Eat a High-Protein Breakfast When Trying to Lose Weight
- You’ll start your day with a high-satiety meal. When your breakfast is high in protein, it’ll fill you up for longer, thereby reducing your chances of being hungry and snacky again in an hour or two.
- It’ll help you build and preserve lean muscle tissue. With proper protein intake (and a good strength training program), you will build and preserve muscle, which burns more calories throughout the day.
- It’ll put you in a great position to hit your daily protein goal. Your daily protein intake is super important for weight loss, and by getting started with consuming it early in the day, you’re setting yourself up for success and consistency with hitting it.
10 High Protein Breakfast Recipes for Weight Loss
Here are 10 simple, high-protein, macro-friendly breakfast options to get you started with a consistent morning routine that includes protein prioritization.
1. Southwest Egg White Breakfast Casserole
This recipe has been an FHM community favorite since we shared it! It’s high in protein, low in calories, and full of flavor! Plus, the serving size is generous, which means you’ll feel full and satiated for hours!
2. Cottage Cheese Scrambled Eggs
Fluffy, warm, and easy to make, these Cottage Cheese Scrambled Eggs do a wonderful job of fueling your body with a hearty dose of protein without tacking on a ton of extra calories.
3. Strawberries & Cream Overnight Oats
Overnight Oats are a breakfast staple for meal preppers who need quick, ready-to-eat breakfasts, but many sadly don’t offer much in the protein department. This Strawberries & Cream Overnight Oats recipe, however, has 38g of body-fueling protein to power you through your morning.
4. Breakfast Toaster Pockets
Speaking of on-the-go breakfasts, our Breakfast Toaster Pockets are the perfect breakfast for those who want something hot and hearty while breezing through their morning routine. These tasty pockets have less than 200 calories and boast a beautiful 16+ grams of protein.
5. Meal Prep Breakfast Sandwiches
If you’re a meal-prepper, these Meal Prep Breakfast Sandwiches are a dream. With 24g of protein and an easy make-ahead process, you’ll be thrilled to reach for your breakfast sandwich every morning.
6. Turkey Sausage Breakfast Casserole
With just 7 simple ingredients and a quick bake in the oven, you can have yourself a hearty, filling, and high-protein breakfast that you can enjoy all week. Plus, this recipe includes a ton of vitamins and nutrients making it a well-rounded breakfast option.
7. Macro-Friendly Wake Up Wraps
This has been one of the best things to happen to my breakfast routine. Our Wake Up Wraps pack in 30g of protein with just 257 calories. It’s a high-protein, low-calorie breakfast that’s insanely satisfying.
8. Chunky Monkey Protein Smoothie Bowl
When you’re looking for a protein-packed breakfast that’s just as refreshing as it is satisfying, our Chunky Monkey Protein Smoothie Bowl is a great place to start. Boasting an impressive 29g of protein and endless customization options, this is the kind of breakfast that you’ll find yourself making on repeat.
9. Breakfast Tacos
Our High Protein Breakfast Tacos are an instant classic! With 21g of protein and fewer than 200 calories, you can enjoy a protein-rich breakfast that’ll help you with your weight loss endeavors.
10. Egg White Bites
Easy, high protein, filling, and meal-prep friendly…what more could you ask for? In all seriousness, these Egg White Bites are a high-protein, low-calorie breakfast that fills you up, fits your macros and helps you to reach your goals with ease.
Need More High Protein Recipes?
These 10 High Protein Breakfast recipes are just the tip of the iceberg! If you join us in the FHM+ App, you’ll get access to exclusive new recipes every week. Not only will you receive new high-protein breakfast recipes, but also lunch, dinner, snacks, and desserts, too. Plus you’ll get simple, convenient, streamlined access to our full library of recipes, including the 10 listed in this article.