The iconic McGriddle Breakfast Sandwich gets a healthier twist! Introducing our McGriddle Bites! These tiny, popable breakfast bites are packed with everything you love about the original sandwich – eggs, sausage, cheese, pancakes, and maple syrup! But at just 25 calories each, you can eat these meal-prepable bites as often as you wish. Plus, these are sure to be a hit for your kiddos, too!
Snag a sample of our famous weekly macro meal plans!
Get a sneak peak of a members-only weekly macro meal plan!
3 Reasons Why You’ll Love This Macro Friendly McGriddle Bites Recipe
- So much flavor! Biting into one of our McGriddle Bites offers an immediate flavor explosion that combines the perfect medley of sweet and savory goodness. It’s all of your most loved breakfast flavors in one bite!
- Easy to make. All you need to get this recipe going is 6 ingredients and 25 minutes. Make these once and you won’t believe what can be accomplished in such a short amount of time.
- Family-friendly. As a busy mom with picky kiddos, I can often feel overwhelmed by the thought of trying to make a meal that everyone loves, but this one ticks the box! McGriddle Bites are 100% kid-approved! And if your kids are like mine, just make sure you have plenty of sticky syrup to dunk them in.
Macro Friendly McGriddle Bites (Healthy)
- Medium skillet
- Mixing bowl
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Mini muffin tin
- 1½ cups Kodiak Cakes Pancake Mix
- ¾ cup water
- ¾ cup egg whites
- 8 oz. ground turkey breakfast sausage
- ½ cup reduced-fat shredded cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup sugar-free maple syrup + more for dipping
- Cooking spray
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and spray mini muffin pan with cooking spray.
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, cook ground turkey until no longer pink. Drain, and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add pancake mix, water, egg whites, turkey sausage, cheese, and syrup. Mix until well combined, but do not over-mix.
- Spoon batter into mini muffin cups, filling 3/4 of the way.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the tops start to brown and an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow McGriddle Bites to cool, serve on their own or dunked in syrup. Enjoy!