I recently shared a Healthy Protein Wendy’s Frosty recipe and it was a big hit, so I decided to take on another fast food classic, the Big Mac, and give it a healthy spin.
Big Macs are one of the most beloved fast-food burgers. The franchise has perfected its formula to make them appealing to the masses. However, at 550 calories and a whopping 30g of fat per Big Mac, these aren’t exactly the most macro-friendly fast food choice. And while you can certainly eat as you wish when tracking macros, sometimes choosing the Big Mac just doesn’t fit your needs or make the most sense for your health.
But that doesn’t mean that you can’t still enjoy that classic taste! Our healthy Big Mac Wrap offers that Big Mac taste you know and love but in a healthier way.
Let's compare our healthy Big Mac Wrap Recipe to McDonald's Big Mac recipe in terms of macronutrition:
|Our Big Mac Wrap Recipe
|McDonald's Big Mac Recipe
Snag a sample of our famous weekly macro meal plans!
Get a sneak peak of a members-only weekly macro meal plan!
3 Reasons Why You Will Love This Healthy Big Mac Wrap Recipe
- Our Healthy Big Mac Wrap will give you all the Big Mac vibes without the Big Mac calories. Sometimes, hitting the drive-through isn’t the best idea when you’re working on your health and fitness goals, so this Big Mac wrap will be the next best thing.
- This recipe uses lean ground beef which is full of flavor and high in protein but low in fat, making this a very macro-friendly recipe that can be enjoyed as often as you like.
- The ingredients in this recipe are simple and affordable. I don’t know about you but I really dislike when I see a recipe that sounds good but when I take a look at the long ingredients list, I quickly decide it’s not for me. Simple is the name of the game around my house and this Big Mac Wrap checks that box!
- 94/4 ground beef
- Sliced cheddar cheese – I used thin slice to save on calories/fat
- Pita bread – I used Joseph’s
- Shredded lettuce
- Fat-free thousand island dressing – I used Kraft’s
- Cooking spray
Kitchen Tools Required
- Large skillet
- Small skillet
How to Make Healthy Big Mac Wrap
- Cook burgers in a large skillet. Top with cheese and cut in half.
- Spray pita with cooking spray and brown both sides on a small skillet over medium heat.
- Cut the pita pocket in half, open it up, and add lettuce, pickles, onions, and cheeseburger. Top with dressing and enjoy!
Swaps or Alternatives
If you can’t find 96/4 ground beef, you can substitute 93/7 in its place. The higher fat content will add a bit more flavor to the burger but will also add a few more calories.
I used half of the pita bread in this recipe as it’s lower in calories, but you can use a traditional burger bun if you prefer. Or, you can use a full pita bread and put half of your burger on each side for a more robust meal.
If you want to save time and dishes, you can omit the step where you crisp the pita in another pan. This will result in your “bun” being a bit softer instead of crispy.
Pitas are naturally light and easy to crumble, keep a fork handy in case your burger falls apart a bit. Don’t worry, it’ll be just as delicious!
Macros & Nutrition Information
Healthy Big Mac Wrap Recipe
- 1 small skillet
- 1 Spatula
- 1 package 94/4 ground beef
- 4 slices cheddar cheese I used thin sliced to save on calories/fat
- 2 pita pockets I used Joseph’s
- Shredded lettuce
- 4 tbsp Fat-free thousand island dressing I used Kraft’s
- Cooking spray
- Split the package of hamburger into 4 equal pieces (weigh them with a food scale if you need precise data).
- Cook burgers in a large skillet. Top with 1 slice of cheese each and cut in half.
- Spray the pitas with cooking spray and brown both sides on a small skillet over medium heat.
- Cut the pita pockets in half, open them up, and add lettuce, pickles, onions, and cheeseburger. Top with dressing and enjoy!