Simple, easy, and convenient are the names of the game when it comes to breakfast for most families, and it doesn't get much easier than these high-protein Hash Brown Egg White Muffins. Whether you're feeding a family or need a simple yet tasty meal-prepped breakfast for the week, these scrumptious muffins will hit the spot!
This isn't the first time you've seen egg white muffins here at Fit Healthy Macros, in fact, our original Egg White Bites have been one of our most popular macro-friendly breakfast recipes! This recipe includes all the convenience and taste of our classic egg white bites but beefs them up with some savory and satisfying hash browns. Enjoy!
3 Reasons Why You'll Love This Recipe
- Easy meal prep option. Breakfast is a meal that makes a lot of sense to have prepped in advance for many people, and these Hash Brown Egg White Muffins are the perfect recipe to do so with. Whip up a batch on Sunday and enjoy a ready-made breakfast for the next few days.
- Super easy to make. This recipe is one of those recipes where you mix a bunch of stuff together, throw it in the oven, and keep it moving. No fancy steps, tools, or processes are required for this one!
- A satisfying and fulfilling way to start your day. If you're used to grabbing a protein shake or granola bar on the way out the door in the morning, do yourself a favor and upgrade your breakfast! These Hash Brown Egg Muffins are the perfect place to start, they're filling, satisfying, and will keep your hunger at bay until your next meal.
“FHM Hash Brown Egg Muffins”
Hashbrown Egg White Muffins
- 1 Muffin tin
- 1 Mixing bowl
- 1 whisk
- Measuring cups and spoons
- 1 Knife
- 1 Cutting Board
- 1 Spatula or butter knife (for removing muffins from the tin)
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup shredded potatoes (Simply potatoes)
- Garlic powder, to taste
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup liquid egg whites
- ¼ cup bell pepper, diced
- 1 oz. reduced fat colby cheese, shredded
- 1 oz. diced ham
- 1 tbsp green onions, chopped
- Preheat your oven to 375°F. Lightly coat a muffin tin with cooking spray to prevent sticking.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the shredded potatoes, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Toss the ingredients together until the potatoes are evenly coated with the seasonings.
- Divide the seasoned shredded potatoes evenly among the muffin cups, pressing them down gently to form a crust at the bottom and going up the sides.
- Place the muffin tin in the preheated oven for 20 minutes, until the hashbrowns turn golden brown.
- While the hashbrowns cook, in another bowl, whisk together the liquid egg whites the the rest of the ingredients. Set aside.
- Once the hashbrowns are golden, remove from the oven. Divide the egg mixture into each muffin tin over the hashbrowns.
- Place the muffin tin back in the oven and bake for approximately 20-25 minutes, or until the egg whites are set and the muffins turn golden brown on top.
- Once cooked, remove the muffins from the oven and allow them to cool for a few minutes. Use a butter knife or spatula to gently loosen the edges and remove the muffins from the tin.
- Serve the Hash Brown Egg White Muffins warm and enjoy them as a convenient, protein-packed breakfast on the go.