Succulent shrimp, infused with aromatic garlic and kissed by the grill, create a mouthwatering dish that is sure to be a family favorite. With just a handful of ingredients and a few simple steps, this recipe delivers a burst of deliciousness!
Shrimp is such an underrated macro-friendly protein source, but this recipe will provide you with a wonderful reminder of just how tasty, simple, and balanced shrimp can be! Here in Florida, we have the pleasure of grilling year-round, but if you don't have access to your grill all year, no worries! Save this one as a summertime dinner or take your shrimp indoors on an indoor grill or even in your oven.
3 Reasons Why You'll Love This Recipe
- Delicious flavor: The combination of minced garlic, olive oil, dried basil, dried parsley, salt, and pepper creates a flavorful and succulent marinade for the shrimp. Grilling the shrimp enhances their natural sweetness and imparts that smoky, charred flavor that we love from a grilled protein.
- On the table in 30 minutes or less. With just 30 minutes of preparation time, this recipe is perfect for busy families or those looking for a convenient and satisfying meal that doesn't require a ton of time and attention.
- High protein content. Shrimp are an excellent source of lean protein, and this recipe provides a substantial amount of it. Protein is essential for muscle development and repair, as well as for overall satiety. Plus, this High Protein Grilled Garlic Shrimp recipe includes the added benefit of being low in saturated fats and calories, this dish can be enjoyed guilt-free by those looking to maintain a balanced and healthy diet.
“FHM Grilled Garlic Shrimp”
Grilled Garlic Shrimp
- Grill (gas or charcoal)
- Mixing bowl
- Whisk or spoon for mixing
- Large resealable bag or shallow dish for marinating
- Tongs for flipping the shrimp on the grill
- Serving platter
- 1 lb. raw shrimp, tail off, peeled, and deveined
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- Preheat your grill to medium-high heat.
- In a bowl, combine the minced garlic, olive oil, dried parsley, dried basil, salt, and pepper. Mix well to create a flavorful marinade.
- Place the shrimp in a large resealable bag or a shallow dish. Pour the marinade over the shrimp, ensuring they are evenly coated. Allow the shrimp to marinate for at least 15 minutes to infuse the flavors.
- Thread the shrimp onto skewers, piercing through the tail and head portions to secure them in place. This will prevent them from spinning on the grill.
- Place the shrimp skewers on the preheated grill. Cook for approximately 2-3 minutes per side or until the shrimp turn pink and opaque. Be cautious not to overcook, as shrimp can become rubbery.
- Once the shrimp are grilled to perfection, remove them from the heat and transfer to a serving platter.
- Serve the Grilled Garlic Shrimp as an appetizer or as a main course alongside your favorite sides. Garnish with fresh parsley, if desired. Enjoy!