Indulge in a guilt-free lunch or dinner with our Macro-Friendly Chicken Caesar Pasta Salad, featuring protein-packed chickpea penne, grilled chicken, crisp Romaine lettuce, shaved Parmesan, croutons, and a zesty Greek yogurt Caesar dressing. It's a balanced and delicious meal that won't compromise your macros.
A good chicken Caesar salad is one of my favorite meals, but this recipe takes your salad game to the next level! By introducing chickpea pasta to the mix, you not only get a nice protein boost, but you'll also find this dish to be extremely satisfying. This recipe makes enough for a crowd, so whip up a batch and watch this Macro-Friendly Chicken Caesar Pasta Salad become an instant favorite.
3 Reasons Why You'll Love This Recipe
- High Protein Content: This Chicken Caesar Pasta Salad is a protein powerhouse, thanks to the chickpea pasta and grilled chicken strips. It's perfect for those looking to meet their protein goals while enjoying a satisfying and filling meal.
- Lower in carbs. Most pasta salads are quite carb-heavy, however, we minimized the amount of pasta we used in this recipe and swapped regular pasta for chickpea pasta which also ramps up the protein content.
- A beloved classic flavor combination. Despite the macro-friendly swaps we made in this recipe, this salad does not compromise on taste. The iconic combination of crisp romaine lettuce, sharp parmesan, crunchy croutons, and creamy Caesar dressing delivers the flavor you crave with macros you can afford.
“FHM Chicken Caesar Pasta Salad”
Chicken Caesar Pasta Salad
- 1 Large Pot
- 1 Colander or strainer
- 1 Cutting Board
- 1 Knife
- 1 Mixing bowl
- 1 Salad tongs or spoon
- 1 Serving bowl
- 8 oz. penne chickpea pasta (I used Banza)
- 8 oz. grilled chicken strips (I used Perdue Short Cuts)
- 2 cups Romaine lettuce, chopped
- 2 oz. Parmesan, shaved
- ½ cup croutons
- ½ cup Bolthouse Farms Cesar dressing
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Cook the chickpea penne pasta according to the package instructions until al dente. Drain and rinse with cold water to cool the pasta down.
- While the pasta cooks, chop your lettuce and grilled chicken into small, bite sized pieces.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cooked penne pasta, chicken, chopped Romaine lettuce, shaved Parmesan, and croutons.
- Pour the Bolthouse Farms Cesar dressing over the ingredients. Toss gently to ensure everything is evenly coated.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Adjust the amount according to your preference.
- Serve the Chicken Caesar Pasta Salad as a side dish or as the main course. Enjoy!