Cottage cheese is 100% having its moment right now – there seems to be nothing it can't do, including being turned into a sweet ice cream treat! Our epic Oreo Cottage Cheese Ice Cream recipe will be your new favorite macro-friendly indulgence!
This recipe is a classic example of what's possible when we get creative in the kitchen. While traditional ice, which is made from full-fat dairy is undoubtedly delicious, it offers little in the way of protein and packs in a ton of calories per serving. As a healthier, more protein-dense alternative, our Oreo Cottage Cheese Ice Cream offers a creamy, indulgent flavor, but without all the extra fat and calories. Who says you can't eat ice cream and lose weight?!
By the way, if Oreos are your jam and you want an Oreo-based treat that you can enjoy right away, our High Protein Oreo Pudding is a great option!
3 Reasons Why You'll Love This Recipe
- You won't taste the cottage cheese. If you're feeling a little weary about ice cream that's made from cottage cheese, trust me when I tell you that you won't taste it! The result will be a smooth, creamy, and flavorful treat that's less calorically dense than traditional ice cream.
- It's easy to make. Let's be honest, grabbing a pint of ice cream from the grocery store is a heck of a lot easier than making ice cream at home, but this recipe is so simple that it'll change your mind! 4 ingredients, 4 hours of freeze time, and you'll have yourself a guilt-free treat to enjoy.
- High protein content. Our Oreo Cottage Cheese Ice Cream contains nearly 19g of protein per serving, compare that with regular ice cream and it pales in comparison. If you have protein goals (which you should!), this recipe will help you to hit them while enjoying yourself.
“FHM Oreo Cottage Cheese Ice Cream”
Oreo Cottage Cheese Ice Cream
- 1 Blender or food processor
- 1 Spatula
- 1 Shallow, freezer-safe container with a lid or plastic wrap
- 1 Ice cream scoop (for serving)
- Bowls or cones (for serving)
- 24 oz. 4% cottage cheese
- ½ cup sugar free maple syrup (more to taste if needed)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 6 Oreo cookies
- In a blender or food processor, combine the cottage cheese, maple syrup, and vanilla extract. Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Add 4 Oreos to the blender and pulse 2-4x until combined.
- Pour the mixture into a shallow, freezer-safe container. Smooth the top with a spatula to create an even layer. Crush and sprinkle remaining Oreos on top. Cover with plastic wrap.
- Place the container in the freezer and let it freeze for about 4 hours.
- When ready to serve, take the container out of the freezer and let it sit at room temperature for a few minutes to soften slightly.
- Scoop the Oreo Cottage Cheese Ice Cream into bowls or cones, and garnish with additional crushed Oreos if desired.
- Enjoy your homemade Oreo Cottage Cheese Ice Cream, filled with creamy protein and cookie crunch!