Get ready for our healthy version of a classic Chicken Enchiladas dish! This recipe features 34g of protein, reduced fat cheese and healthier tortillas!
Snag a sample of our famous weekly macro meal plans!
Get a sneak peak of a members-only weekly macro meal plan!
3 Reasons Why You'll Love This High Protein Chicken Enchiladas Recipe
- Flavor Explosion: These enchiladas are like a fiesta in your mouth! The chicken is seasoned to perfection, and when it dances with that savory enchilada sauce and gets all cozy with the melted cheese, it's a flavor explosion you won't want to miss. It's like a party for your taste buds, and everyone's invited!
- Protein-Packed Goodness: Who said eating healthy had to be boring? Your high protein chicken enchiladas are a game-changer. With all that lean chicken, beans, and cheese, you're basically turning your meal into a protein-packed powerhouse. Say goodbye to the hangry feelings because this dish will keep you full and fueled for hours. It's like a superhero meal in a tortilla cape!
- Unleash Your Inner Chef: These enchiladas are your culinary canvas. You can make them your own! Feeling spicy? Throw in some extra jalapeños. Want to keep it light? Use whole wheat tortillas!
Macro Friendly Chicken Enchiladas (High Protein)
- 1 Large bowl
- 1 Spoon
- 1 9×13 Casserole dish
- 1½ cups reduced-fat shredded Mexican cheese
- 1 7 oz. bottle mild taco sauce
- 1½ lb. chicken breast, cooked and shredded
- 8 count Mission Carb Balance tortilla
- 2 cups green enchilada sauce
- Cooking spray
- Preheat your oven to 375°F.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the shredded chicken breast with the taco sauce. Mix well to evenly coat the chicken.
- Take a tortilla and place a generous amount of the chicken mixture in the center. Sprinkle cheese on top of the chicken. Roll it up loosely and place it seam-side down in a 9×13 baking dish. Repeat this process with the remaining tortillas, chicken mixture, and cheese.
- Pour the green enchilada sauce evenly over the rolled tortillas in the baking dish, covering them completely.
- Place the dish in the preheated oven and bake for about 20 minutes, or until the sauce is bubbling and the enchiladas are heated through.
- Once cooked, remove the enchiladas from the oven and let cool for a few minutes before serving.
- Serve the chicken enchiladas warm, optionally garnished with chopped fresh cilantro or pico.