All the best flavors of your favorite sub, all mixed up, chopped up, and ready to enjoy any way you wish! Thanks to TikTok, the Chopped Italian Grinder Salad has been on everyone’s radar lately. We made some tweaks to make it macro-friendly while still being oh-so flavorful!
I love a good sub (or grinder, depending on where you're from!). And while a traditional grinder on a hoagie is absolutely needed and encouraged on occasion, it isn't always the most macro-friendly lunch option. Enter our Chopped Italian Grinder Salad! This zesty, high-protein lunch is full of flavor and options! Add it to a wrap, throw it on a bun, or eat it as is – the options are endlessly delicious.
3 Reasons Why You'll Love This Recipe
- High Protein Content. This grinder salad is packed with protein from various sources, including deli turkey, deli ham, turkey pepperoni, and provolone cheese. With a whopping 33g of protein, it's an excellent option for those looking to hit their protein goal while enjoying a multitude of flavors.
- Classic Italian Flavors. If you're a fan of Italian subs or grinders, then you're going to be obsessed with the flavor profile of our Chopped Italian Grinder Salad. In my opinion, Italian subs are one of the most flavorful and worthwhile options out there, making this more macro-balanced option a no-brainer.
- It's meal-prepable. If you need a lunch recipe that you can make once and enjoy for multiple days, this is it! Store your salad in an airtight container and leave your wrap, bun, or crackers on the side to avoid getting soggy.
“FHM Chopped Italian Grinder Salad”
Chopped Italian Grinder Salad
- Large cutting board
- Pizza cutter (or large knife)
- Measuring spoon
- 1 8 oz. bag shredded lettuce
- 1 large tomato, sliced
- 1 medium red onion, sliced
- 4 tbsp banana peppers
- 2 oz. provolone cheese
- 4 oz. deli turkey
- 4 oz. deli ham
- 20 turkey pepperonis
- 4 tbsp light Italian dressing (I used Olive Garden)
- Layer all ingredients on a large cutting board.
- Using a pizza cutter, cut all ingredients into small pieces and mix together until well combined.
- Serve on a sub roll, wrap, with crackers, on a toasted english muffin, or just eat with a fork.
- This recipe is very customizable! Choose your favorite deli meats, veggies, and dressing or sauce! For those who like mayonnaise on their subs, you can add a couple of tablespoons to the mix. Add in some salt, pepper, or Italian seasoning for a little extra kick of flavor!
- This recipe makes 2 servings. If not eating both at once, store the other serving in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. This recipe is great for meal prepped lunches!