Dinner time just got a whole lot tastier! Our creamy, high-protein Buffalo Chicken Alfredo is packed with protein and flavor. With juicy chicken breast, tender pasta, and a spicy Buffalo kick, this dish is sure to become a family weeknight favorite.
I am a sucker for anything Buffalo flavored, it provides the perfect kick to so many dishes. We took the classic chicken alfredo and spiced it up a bit by adding Buffalo sauce – I think you're going to love it just as much as we do!
3 Reasons Why You'll Love This Recipe
- It contains a whopping 42g of protein per serving. If you're following a high-protein, macro-based diet, this recipe is going to clutch for hitting your protein goal.
- It's ready in 40 minutes or less. If your family is anything like mine, dinnertime can get a bit chaotic and when everyone is ready to eat, the last thing we want to do is wait around. Our creamy Buffalo Chicken Alfredo will be on the table in 40 minutes or less!
- It's customizable! Prefer a spicier dish? Up the ante with a bit more Buffalo sauce. Want to keep it mild? Use less. Need to sneak in a veggie? Toss in some broccoli or cauliflower, it'll blend right in!
MyFitnessPal & MacrosFirst Pre-Log
“FHM Buffalo Chicken Alfredo”
High Protein Buffalo Chicken Alfredo
- 1 Food Processor
- 1 Large Saucepan
- 1 Large Pot
- 1 whisk
- 1 lb Cooked Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast Cut into small pieces
- 1 cup Milk
- 1/2 cup Cottage Cheese Low-fat
- 1/2 cup Freshly Grated Paremesan Cheese
- 1 tbsp Cornstarch
- 2 cloves Garlic Minced
- Salt & Pepper To taste
- 2 tbsp Medium Buffalo Sauce
- 1/2 tsp Dried Basil
- 8 oz Fettuccine Pasta Or pasta shape of your choice
- Slice your cooked chicken breast and set them aside.
- To make the sauce, combine milk, cottage cheese, Parmesan cheese, cornstarch, minced garlic, salt, and pepper in a food processor, processing until smooth, and then transfer the mixture to a saucepan.
- Whisk in buffalo sauce and dried basil, heating and stirring occasionally in the saucepan for 10-15 minutes until it thickens to your liking.
- While the sauce is cooking, boil water in a large pot, add salt, and cook the fettuccine according to the package instructions until it's al dente, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking.
- Drain the cooked pasta, combine it with the Alfredo sauce in the pot. Toss everything together to coat the pasta with the sauce.
- Place pasta in bowl and top with chicken slices.
- Serve immediately, and if desired, garnish with extra grated cheese. Enjoy!