Get ready to tantalize your taste buds and jazz up your mealtime with a sizzling sensation that's bound to make your mouth water! Introducing the one and only High Protein, Macro-Friendly Hot Honey Chicken and Waffles – a symphony of flavors that'll take your love for chicken and waffles to a whole new level!
We've taken the classic comfort food and given it a groovy makeover, adding a twist of high-protein goodness and a kick of fiery hot honey that'll have your taste buds dancing in delight. This finger-licking, soul-satisfying dish combines tender, juicy chicken, perfectly seasoned with a medley of spices, and pairs it with fluffy, golden-brown waffles that are just waiting to be smothered in rich, velvety hot honey sauce.
Whether you're looking to impress your dinner guests, craving a comfort-food pick-me-up, or simply want to explore new flavors that harmonize in perfect culinary symphony, this High Protein Hot Honey Chicken and Waffles recipe is your ticket to southern foodie heaven.
So, buckle up and get ready to embark on a flavorful adventure that'll have you head over heels in love with chicken and waffles all over again. Let's fire up those stoves, grab those ingredients, and dive into a plateful of pure southern comfort macro-friendly chicken and waffles!
Snag a sample of our famous weekly macro meal plans!
Get a sneak peak of a members-only weekly macro meal plan!
Macro-Friendly Hot Honey Chicken and Waffles
- 1 Waffle maker (I have this one and it works great!)
- 1 Air fryer or oven
- 2 breaded chicken breast strips (about 85g), (I used Just Bare Chicken Strips)
- 1 serving protein pancake mix (about 56g) (I used Clean Simple Eats Pancake Mix, code TAMI saves you 10%)
- 1 tbsp Mike’s Hot Honey (or make your own hot honey using honey+chili pepper flakes)
- ¼ cup zero-calorie maple syrup (I used Walden Farms)
- Prepare the frozen chicken strips in an air fryer or oven at 400ºF for about 10-15 minutes, or until golden brown and crispy.
- While the chicken cooks, mix together the protein pancake mix and water.
- Pour the pancake batter into a waffle maker. If using a large waffle iron, you can make one big waffle. If using a smaller one, you can make 2-3 waffles.
- Top the waffles with the chicken, drizzle hot honey, and syrup, and enjoy!