Quesadillas are a classic Mexican food, but most are saturated with heavy oils and full-fat cheese, making them a high-calorie, low-protein meal (albeit delicious!).
Our High Protein Buffalo Chicken Quesadilla with Cottage Cheese elevates the traditional quesadilla by not only adding a ton of protein but also with a fun flavor twist! Spicy Buffalo-flavored chicken meets cool, creamy cottage cheese to deliver a well-balanced experience that will be as satisfying for your taste buds as it is for your macros.
Snag a sample of our famous weekly macro meal plans!
Get a sneak peak of a members-only weekly macro meal plan!
3 Reasons Why You’ll Love Our Macro-Friendly Buffalo Chicken Quesadilla Recipe
- It’s high in protein. With 29g of protein per serving and a number of ways to increase that even further, this is a filling dish that will help you hit your protein goals. Whether you’re tracking macros or not, eating a protein-dense diet is crucial for your weight goals, strength goals, and overall health and longevity.
- It contains only 5 ingredients. Simple, easy meals are my jam. I am always a fan of the less is more approach and that rings true for my recipes, too. This high-protein Buffalo Chicken Quesadilla contains only 5 simple ingredients that you likely already have on hand!
- It’s an unexpected flavor combination. When you think of quesadillas, you probably think of a traditional Mexican quesadilla that’s filled with cheese, beans, lettuce, and a protein source. This quesadilla though, gives us a spicy, unexpected twist. Buffalo chicken can do no wrong in my book, and it certainly works well in this recipe! If you like the creamy, cheesy, and slightly spicy taste of Buffalo chicken, you’re going to love this recipe.
You may also love our macro friendly ground turkey quesadilla recipe!
High Protein Buffalo Chicken Quesadilla With Cottage Cheese
- 1 Small Mixing Bowl
- 1 Mixing spoon
- Measuring cups and spoons
- 1 Small skillet or griddle
- 1 Spatula
- 1 Serving Platter or Bowl
- 3 oz. cooked, shredded chicken breast
- ½ cup low-fat cottage cheese
- 10 g shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tbsp buffalo sauce
- 2 Reg. low-carb tortillas
- In a small mixing bowl, add shredded chicken breast, cottage cheese, cheddar cheese, and buffalo sauce.
- Stir together until well combined and set aside.
- Heat a small skillet over medium-high heat and spray with cooking spray.
- Add 1 tortilla to hot skillet. Carefully spoon half of the Buffalo chicken mixture onto half of the tortilla.
- Fold tortilla over, being careful not to touch the hot pan.
- Allow to cook on first side for 3-4 minutes, or until browned. Flip and cook on the alternate side.
- Remove from skillet and repeat with the remaining tortilla & Buffalo chicken mixture.
- Cut tortillas in half & enjoy!