Muddy Buddies are such an easy and delicious way to get in the kitchen and have some fun! Creamy white chocolate and smooth peanut butter collide with crunchy Chex cereal to give you a sweet & salty treat that’s totally customizable and fun for all ages!
Snag a sample of our famous weekly macro meal plans!
Get a sneak peak of a members-only weekly macro meal plan!
3 Reasons Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Easy and fun. These White chocolate PB Protein Muddy Buddies are the perfect excuse to get the kids in the kitchen making something with you! With only a handful of steps, this recipe presents the perfect opportunity to get your kids involved and have some fun in the kitchen.
- You can make it what you want. This recipe is really versatile in that you can choose to make lower calorie swaps or you can go for the regular version of each ingredient. Pick and choose based on your goals and preferences!
- It’s a sneaky way to get more protein in. With 7g of protein per serving, this snack is the perfect way to increase your protein intake without really even knowing it!
Macro Friendly White Chocolate PB Protein Muddy Buddies
- Large mixing bowl
- Mixing spoons
- Small saucepan
- Gallon-Sized Zip Lock Bag
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Serving Platter or Bowl
- 6 cups Rice or Corn Chex
- ⅔ cup white chocolate chips, I used Lily’s
- ⅓ cup natural peanut butter
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- ¾ cup powdered sugar or powdered erythritol sweetener
- ¼ cup vanilla protein powder, I used Clean Simple Eats (code TAMI to save)
- Reeces’ Pieces (optional)
- Measure cereal and place in a large bowl and set aside
- Pour powdered sugar or powdered erythritol and protein powder into a large, resealable zip-lock bag
- In a saucepan over low heat add peanut butter, white chocolate chips, and coconut oil, stirring continuously until the chips are melted and the mixture is smooth
- Pour white chocolate mixture over cereal and toss until evenly coated
- Carefully pour the coated cereal mixture into the bag with the powdered sugar and protein powder
- Close the bag and shake until well-coated
- Make sure you let it cool for a while before putting it in a container to prevent the cereal from getting soggy
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator to keep it fresh and crunchy. Enjoy!