When I was growing up, dirt cups were a Halloween party staple. Between the rich, chocolatey indulgence and the gooey gummy worms, it’s like a dessert dream come true for kids. But who says kids are the only ones who get to enjoy fun treats? Our High Protein Dirt Cups are an elevated version of this classic treat that the whole family will enjoy!
There’s no wrong way to make dirt cups, they can be red, brown, black, or any other color in between! And the customization options are endless. So let’s get in the kitchen and have some fun with this one!
Snag a sample of our famous weekly macro meal plans!
Get a sneak peak of a members-only weekly macro meal plan!
3 Reasons Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- It’s a high-protein version of a tasty classic. With 33g of protein per dirt cup, it’s safe to say that this classic treat got a major nutritional boost. The best kinds of desserts are the ones that also help you hit your protein goal! So whether you’re a macro tracker or you simply want to ensure that your body is getting the proper nutrients it needs, our high-protein dirt cups will help get you there.
- So many delicious flavors and textures. This treat is multifaceted – first, there’s the velvety smooth taste of the pudding, then the crunchy Oreos, and finally the chewy, flavor-packed gummy worms. It’s a full-blown flavor experience all inside one simple treat.
- It’s family-friendly. This simple recipe is one that the whole family can enjoy. From kids to adults, everyone will feel great about enjoying this flavorful dessert. Whether you’re making dirt cups for Halloween or just because I doubt anyone in your household will complain!
You may also love our muddy graveyard protein shake recipe!
High Protein Dirt Cups (A Macro-Friendly Halloween Treat!)
- 1 Small Mixing Bowl
- 1 Mixing spoon
- 1 Ziplock bag
- Measuring cups and spoons
- 1 Small serving dish
- 1 scoop protein powder (chocolate or red velvet work great!) – I used 1st Phorm Level-1
- 1 5.3 oz. low-fat Greek yogurt – I used Two Good Vanilla
- ¼ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 Oreo cookies
- 3-5 gummy worms
- Take the 2 Oreo cookies and place them in a resealable plastic bag. Seal the bag and use a rolling pin to crush it into a fine powder.
- In a mixing bowl, combine 1 scoop protein powder with ¼ cup of unsweetened almond milk. Stir the mixture until it forms a smooth and thick consistency. Add Greek Yogurt and mix thoroughly.
- In a small container or bowl, begin assembling the dirt cups by adding a layer of crushed Oreos to the bottom. Next, spoon the pudding mixture on top of the cookies. Finally, top the pudding with the remaining crushed Oreos.
- Place 3-5 gummy worms on top of your dirt cup to add a fun and playful garnish. For a thicker pudding, refrigerate for 30 minutes before serving. Enjoy!