If you're looking for a wholesome, nourishing, and easy-to-make snack, these Banana Bread Energy Balls are going to be your new go-to! Made with creamy peanut butter, nutrient-dense bananas, and a smooth chocolate drizzle, these bite-sized homemade snacks are as crave-worthy as they are satisfying.
I'm a sucker for a slice (or two!) of homemade banana bread, in fact, our Chocolate Chip Banana Bread is always calling my name, but when I don't have time to make it, these energy balls come in clutch! They're easy to make, delicious, and perfect for those busy days when I need a grab-and-go option.
3 Reasons Why You'll Love This Recipe
- Full of flavor. Our Banana Bread Energy Balls offer the banana taste you'd expect but with the unexpected twist of a dark chocolate drizzle. The sharp contrast between the mellow banana and decadent dark chocolate provides an irresistible flavor combination.
- Easy to make. All you need is 10 minutes to whip up a batch of our macro-balanced energy balls and you have a nutritious snack to enjoy all week.
- You can take them on the go. Snacks that are easy to take on the go are the best kinds of snacks. These Banana Bread balls are perfect for weekday lunch boxes, weekend adventures, in between work meetings, and everything in between.
“FHM Banana Bread Energy Balls”
Banana Bread Energy Balls
- 1 Mixing bowl
- 1 Spoon or spatula
- 1 Microwave-safe bowl
- 1 parchment paper
- 1 A Tray or Plate
- 1 Airtight Container
- ½ cup mashed ripe banana (1 medium ripe banana)
- ⅓ cup creamy natural peanut butter
- ¼ cup sugar free maple syrup
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
For The Drizzle
- ¼ cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- In a bowl, combine mashed banana, peanut butter, sugar-free maple syrup, chia seeds, cinnamon, and salt. Stir well.
- Gradually add rolled oats to the mixture. Stir until it's well combined and slightly sticky.
- Place the mixture in the refrigerator for about 10 minutes. This makes it easier to handle.
- Remove the mixture from the fridge and roll it into bite-sized energy balls, about 1 inch in diameter. Place them on parchment paper.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt the dark chocolate chips and coconut oil in the microwave in 20-second intervals, stirring until smooth.
- Drizzle the melted chocolate over the energy balls. You can use a spoon or dip the balls for a thicker coating.
- Put the energy balls back in the fridge for 15-20 minutes to let the chocolate harden.
- Once the chocolate is set, transfer the energy balls to an airtight container with parchment paper between layers.
- Keep the energy balls in the refrigerator and enjoy them as a quick snack or pre-workout boost!