Candy apples can be so fun and festive, but also a total mess! Thankfully, we found a way to enjoy the robust flavors of a candy-coated apple but without the giant sticky mess that usually comes with it. Our Skinny Dipped Chocolate Covered Apple Slices are the perfect fall-inspired sweet treat that works well for kids and adults alike!
Snag a sample of our famous weekly macro meal plans!
Get a sneak peak of a members-only weekly macro meal plan!
3 Reasons Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- It’s a far less messy way to enjoy a candy apple! Anyone who has ever eaten candy, chocolate, or caramel apples knows that they’re usually a pretty big mess. Between the apple juice dribbling and the toppings flaking, there’s a lot happening. Our Skinny Dipped Apple Slices allow you to enjoy the same flavors that you love but in a much more manageable way.
- They’re so easy to make. This recipe is perfect for fall or Halloween-themed parties. It allows you to bring a homemade treat that looks like it took you more time than it did. If you’re not really a “Pinterest” mom, this recipe is going to be a blessing for you.
- It’s a healthier alternative to candy. Whether you’re making a batch of these for Halloween or any kind of holiday party, we all know that there are going to be plenty of opportunities to enjoy treats. These apple slices allow you to enjoy a sweet treat while also getting the health benefits of eating an apple – it’s a win-win!
Skinny Dipped Chocolate Covered Apple Slices
- 1 Small Mixing Bowl
- 1 Mixing spoon
- 1 parchment paper
- Popsicle sticks
- 1 Knife
- 1 Cutting Board
- 1 large apple (Choose your favorite variety)
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- ½ tbsp Coconut oil
- Optional toppings: Nuts, sprinkles, marshmallows, caramel syrup, etc.
- Cut apples into thin slices
- Stick a popsicle stick in the bottom
- Melt chocolate chips with a little coconut oil in the microwave in 30-second intervals until melted
- Dip apples in chocolate
- Add toppings
- Pop in the freezer for a bit until the chocolate is set & enjoy!