Everything you love about a classic BLT sandwich, but in a tasty, satisfying salad form! This macro-balance BLT Pasta Salad is bursting with flavor and texture, making it the perfect meal-prepped lunch, easy dinner, or crowd-pleasing dish-to-pass.
I've always loved the flavors of a hearty BLT. The crispy bacon, crunchy lettuce, and juicy tomatoes deliver a fresh meal that's easy to make and ideal for summer days. We took this classic delight and turned it into a salad that's macro-friendly and loved by the whole family!
3 Reasons Why You'll Love This Recipe
- Only 5 ingredients are required. I don't know about you, but I like to take a less is more approach to recipes and cooking. The fewer the required ingredients, the better! And this Macro-Friendly BLT Pasta Salad only needs 5 simple ingredients that you might already have on hand!
- It's refreshing and satisfying. Salads have gotten a bad rep for being boring, but this one will change your mind! Between the fresh, crunchy romaine lettuce, the tangy tomatoes, the savory bacon, and the creamy ranch, you'll experience a complete flavor explosion with every single bite.
- It's low in calories and high in protein. For a salad that doesn't contain a main protein source like chicken breast, this salad is actually very macro-friendly! With over 8g of protein per serving and less than 200 calories, you can fully enjoy this meal while still hitting your goals!
“FHM BLT Pasta Salad”
BLT Pasta Salad
- Large Pot
- Colander or strainer
- Cutting Board
- Mixing bowl
- Salad tongs or spoon
- Serving bowl
- 8 oz. whole grain penne pasta
- 2 cups Romaine lettuce, chopped
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- ¼ cup bacon bits
- ½ cup Bolthouse Farms Ranch
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Cook the whole grain penne pasta according to the package instructions until al dente. Drain and rinse with cold water to cool the pasta down.
- While the pasta cooks, chop your lettuce and half your cherry tomatoes.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cooked penne pasta, bacon bits, chopped Romaine lettuce, and cherry tomatoes.
- Pour the Bolthouse Farms Ranch dressing over the ingredients. Toss gently to ensure everything is evenly coated.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Adjust the amount according to your preference.
- Serve the BLT Pasta Salad as a refreshing side dish or a light main course. It's perfect for picnics, potlucks, or a quick lunch. Enjoy!