If you're looking for a sweet, protein-packed treat that won't break your macros, our Macro-Friendly Chocolate Protein Balls are the perfect bite-sized indulgence! These tasty treats include only a handful of ingredients, excluding peanut butter. With 64 calories per ball and over 5g of protein, these will be your new favorite protein snack!
While one of my favorite flavor combinations is chocolate peanut butter, it's not something I want to eat all the time. Sometimes, we need straight-up chocolate! Plus, peanut butter in protein balls equates to higher fat and calorie content, so if you're trying to keep your macros low, our Macro-Friendly Chocolate Protein Balls are a great place to start!
3 Reasons Why You Should Try This Chocolate Protein Ball Recipe
- The perfect texture. One thing that I struggle with when it comes to protein balls, is they tend to either come out too wet or too dry. This recipe, though, manages to strike the perfect balance so that we can achieve the ideal texture.
- Ideal for meal-prepped snacks. I love to whip up a batch (or 2!) on Sunday, store them in the refrigerator, and enjoy them all week! It's so handy to have a quick, tasty, protein-packed snack at the ready.
- 64 calories each. Our Chocolate Protein Balls are low in calories, but high in protein, making them a macro counters dream. Without peanut butter, we're able to keep the overall calories and fat on the lower end, which just means we can eat more of them – WIN!
MyFitnessPal & MacrosFirst Pre-Log
“FHM Chocolate Protein Balls”
Macro-Friendly Chocolate Protein Balls (Without Peanut Butter)
- 1 Mixing bowl
- 1 Small spatula or mixing spoon
- 1 Microwave
- 1 Parchment paper or silicone baking mat
- 3 Scoops chocolate protein powder I used Clean Simple Eats (code TAMI)
- 4 tbsp coconut flour
- 2-3 tbsp Zero calorie sweetener Use more or less depending on desired level of sweetness
- 2.5 tbsp Coconut oil Melted
- 5-6 tbsp Water Use more or less depending on consistency
- Optional: Sprinkles
- Add coconut oil to microwave-safe bowl. Heat on high for 30-60 seconds, or until melted.
- In a small mixing bowl, add protein powder, coconut flour, zero-calorie sweetener, melted coconit oil, and water. Mix until well combined and a soft dough forms.
- Begin rolling dough into balls, about 1 tbsp each. Form 12 balls.
- Optional: roll balls in sprinkles to coat the outside.
- Place protein balls on cookie sheet covered in parchment paper. Place in refrigerator for 30 minutes. Enjoy!